Improving IVF Success through better embryo selection
MCRM's EmbryoScope TM, time-lapse system helps to ensure our patients the best chance for IVF success. The EmbryoScope TM is combined incubator and camera system which allows our embryologist and Dr. Ahlering the ability to anlayze and select the highest quality embryos for either transfer back to the patient or for cryoprservation. This powerful technology provides a 135-hour, microscopic video, minute-by-minute displaying the growth of an embryo to a blastocyst. Multiple scientfic studies and research has shown an improved success rate through the use of this technology and MCRM is one of only a few fertility centers in the United States to offer this technology and ONLY one in the MidWest.
This unique technology combines a state-of-the-art incubation environment with a high quality microscope camera system and allows all details of embryo development to be observed as a time-lapse movie. Observing the features of embryo development is critical in being able to decide which are most likely to result in a healthy pregnancy. In addtion to the clinical usage of the movie, each patient's movie collection is presented back to them.
Benefits of Embryoscope
- Allows our embryologists to visually follow the development of an embryo like never before and determine which embryo is the most healthy and viable to transfer
- Monitors and evaluates without disrupting their natural environment. Unlike traditional incubators, embryos housed in an Embryoscope are never removed for analysis. This reduces their risk of harm, ensuring their high quality and increasing their chance to develop into a successful pregnancy.
- Provides superior image quality
- Improves chances of pregnancy
- Offers more information about the embryo
- Regulates carbon dioxide and temperature control, mimicking a human womb
- Offers new patients a video record of their baby from conception to the point of embryo transfer