Following fellowship training, Dr. Aubuchon joined the faculty at the University of Cincinnati, then served as assistant professor at the University of Missouri- Columbia School of Medicine (Mizzou) until joining MCRM Fertility in the summer of 2016. At both University locations, she founded and directed the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Center of Excellence and has always been interested in the management of PCOS.
Dr. Aubuchon and her only sibling are 14 years apart due to her parents' infertility and she saw firsthand the pain of those years. During her third-year as medical student in obstetrics and gynecology rotation, in 1996, she immediately saw the potential solutions offered by reproductive medicine and its technologies and knew she wanted to be a part of that world. She is passionate about respectfully informing patients, as fully as possible, about all their treatment options and assisting them to the option with the highest pregnancy rate that they are most comfortable with, taking into account their medical situation and testing, individual beliefs and faith, and cost.
Accomplishments and Expertise
- Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Recognized, since 2010, to the prestigious BEST DOCTORS in AMERICA® list
- Specialty Examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Guest of the Egg Whisperer Show: Everything You Need to Know About PCOS
- Contributor to over 50 peer reviewed publication, book chapter and national/international presentations
- Adverse Effects of Drugs on Male Reproduction
- The Impact of Supervised Weight Loss and Intentional Weight Regain on Sex Hormone Binding Globulin and Testosterone in Premenopausal Women
- Obesity, metabolic Dysfunction, and Inflammation in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: A Diagnosis of Exclusion
- Metformin Does Not Improve the Reproductive or Metabolic Profile in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Current Infertility Management
- Effects of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome on In Vitro Fertilization Embryo Transfer Outcomes are Influenced by Body Mass Index
- Antichlamydial Antibodies, Human Fertility, and Pregnancy Wastage
- Supervised Short-term Nutrition and Exercise Promotes Weight Loss in Overweight and Obese Patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Metformin and/or Clomiphene do not Adversely Affect Liver or Renal Function in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Endometrial Thickness Predicts Endometrial Hyperplasia in Patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
What Patients Are Saying:
"Aubuchon, she is fantastic! I learned more with her in 20 minutes than I have in the last year and 3 months with my previous doctor. I never felt rushed. She seemed to genuinely care and I LOVE that she e-mailed me a recap of the visit."
"Dr.Mira and her team are just amazing and God sent. They really make you feel comfortable during this process. She really listens to what we want. She gives 110% of herself to our care. We are so blessed to have her as our RE doctor."
"Dr. Aubuchon spent as much time with us in the meeting as we felt we needed. She thoroughly explained the process of IVF and our situation and made sure we left feeling confident and full of information. We felt as if we were her only appointment for the day."
"Dr. Aubuchon shows great care for us and our situation and individualizes it by looking at our past and thinking of what hasn't been done and offers options to move forward."
"Dr. Aubuchon really listened to my history and my desires in regards to treatment. She knew that I wanted a fast paced approach to treatment and she designed a personalized plan of treatment for me and my husband. She has a special interest in PCOS and helping those of us with PCOS conceive. I'm so blessed to have stumbled upon MCRM."
"Dr. Aubuchon explains everything so well and when we leave we feel confident in knowing what’s happening or what our next step is."
"Dr. Aubuchon and the staff at MCRM are wonderful. Since our first visit with Dr. Aubuchon we have had no doubts that she’s the best doctor for us. She’s obviously very qualified and is very thorough. But more than that, she listens, values your feelings and opinions."
"Dr. Aubuchon is simply excellent! You will NEVER find someone more concerned with your care, your feelings, or your BEST possible outcome as she. She goes above and beyond at every step and we are SO very blessed to have her in our corner! We love her!!!!"
"My husband and I both talked on the way home about how happy we were with our experience with Dr. Aubuchon. She gave us a lot of information, and he was very impressed with how well she explained everything. He was more impressed initially because he took more of the information in -- it was A LOT to digest so I was glad he was there with me during the visit so we could discuss details on our way back home. Couldn't be more pleased with her. She made me feel very comfortable and good with her initial explanations for the reason for my visit."
"Dr. Aubuchon went into detail about everything and explained everything in a way I could understand. She did not rush or make me feel like I couldn't ask questions. She was compassionate and helpful. I look forward to working with her in my journey."
"I love how Dr. Aubuchon can ease my unease. She makes me feel comfortable being there."
"Aubuchon is absolutely the BEST! She is more attentive to our needs than any doctor we have ever been to. Emotionally, physically, you name it...she is there!"
"Aubuchon was very welcoming and professional. She made my husband and I feel very comfortable during our first appointment. I've been thoroughly impressed with all of the staff at MCRM."
"Dr. Aubachon makes talking about fertility issues very comfortable and she is very educated in her field of practice."
"Dr. Aubuchon was great and made us feel very welcome. Thank you to Dr. Aubuchon and all of MCRM for making us feel welcome and providing us with an excellent experience."