Peter Ahlering, MD, FACOG
MCRM Fertility’s Medical Director, Dr. Peter Ahlering, board-certified obstetrics and gynecology, has been providing personalized fertility care for more than twenty years and looks forward to the opportunity to assist you.
Dr. Ahlering grew up following his father’s and two older brother’s footsteps by becoming an obstetrician. While a young physician, Dr Ahlering was emotionally impacted every time a patient suffered a pregnancy loss. As a result, he became determined to find ways to assist these patients have the families of their dreams. This lead Dr. Ahlering to specialize in reproductive care. His research and career have led him to take a special interest in helping patients inflicted with recurrent pregnancy loss, male factor infertility and diminished ovarian reserve.
Accomplishments and Expertise
- Chief Resident of Operative Laparoscopy and Reproductive Medicine, St. John’s Mercy Hospital – St. Louis
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Consultant editor, "Practical Guide to High Risk Pregnancy and Delivery, 2nd Edition
- Recognized, multiple times, as the "Best Fertility Physician"
- Contributor to TLC’s “A Conception Story”
- Contributor to multiple scientific research studies/literature
- Nano Particle Sperm Enrichment with Improved Fertility Rates
- Biomarker-Based Flow Cytometric Semen Analysis for Male Infertility Diagnostics and Clinical Decision Making in ART
- Sperm Chromatin Structure Correlates with Spontaneous Abortion and Multiple Pregnancy Rates in Assisted Reproduction
- The Role of In Vitro Fertilization in the Setting of Recurrent Miscarriage
- Correlation between Neutral Alpha-Glucosidase Activity and Sperm DNA Fragmentation
- The INVOcell, a New Medical Device for Intra-vaginal Fertilization and Culture
- Soluble Human Leukocyte Antigen G Expression in Phase I Culture Media at 46 hours after Fertilization Predicts Pregnancy and Implantation from Day 3 Embryo Transfer
- Influence of Early ICSI-derived Embryo sHLA-G Expression on Pregnancy and Implantation Rates: a prospective study
- The Sperm DNA Integrity Assay (SDITM) a Valuable Method for Assessing Sperm Vitality in Preparation for In Vitro Fertilization
What Patients Are Saying:
"I have been to 4 other fertility specialists. Dr.Ahlering is the first to explain everything to me in layman's terms. I do appreciate him drawing things out to me and answering all of my questions and concerns."
"After going through IVF at another clinic that felt a little cold and closed off, meeting Dr. Ahlering and your staff has been truly magical. I didn’t realize that fertility clinics could be so warm and welcoming or else we would have made the drive to you all years ago."
"I really love how he takes the time to answer your questions thoroughly and how he explains how things are looking and next steps. It gives me total confidence in his ability to get me to my end goal which is a baby. I appreciate his bed side manner and I really like his personality. I'd refer him any day to anyone. Whether my journey ends in a completed pregnancy or not."
"Dr. Ahlering is an outstanding doctor! We have really been impressed by his care and the coordinators' care. Everyone at MRCM is very warm and friendly to the patients."
"Ahlering, great MD, would refer to anyone having fertility issues!"
"Ahlering is just the best! He is kind, caring and explains information in a way that we could understand. He is humble yet extremely knowledgeable, driven but also laid-back. He is wonderful and I am so glad we found him to help us through our infertility journey. "
"I had the best experience with Dr. Ahlering and every single person on staff. I cannot say enough wonderful things! We became pregnant on our first frozen transfer. I would highly recommend this practice to everyone."
"He is an outstanding doctor. Down to earth and explains everything to us to help us understand everything. We have to drive from Paducah and he has been very helpful with our scheduling. We have already recommended him to several other people who will definitely be reaching out to him."
"Dr. Ahlering seems very personable and thorough. Each time we have met with him, he takes the time to listen to our concerns, answers as many questions as we have, and treats us as intelligent in the discussion of our issues."
"MCRM and Dr. Ahlering have been wonderful to us. None of this journey is easy, but we rest easier knowing that we are in the best hands."
"Dr Ahlering and his staff are amazing. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better team on this journey."
"We are so happy we found MCRM. Dr. Ahlering and his entire staff is are so wonderful and helpful! Best experience we have had!"
"We have seen Dr. Ahlering for years ﴾at this practice and another﴿ and trust his expertise implicitly. He spends all the time we need to explain things to us and we always feel better after speaking with him. He is THE BEST!!!"