How to Donate Your Eggs to a Fertility Clinic
Many people benefit from donating their eggs to fertility clinics. The most obvious beneficiary is the one receiving the egg donation, but the benefits are not one-sided! The egg donor is also rewarded. Here’s how.
What Is Egg Donation?
Egg donation is the process in which a female donates a cohort of eggs to be utilized by one or multiple other females who is desiring to conceive but are unable to do so utilizing their own eggs. Generally, the intended parent females who are considering donor eggs have medical issues that make it difficult or impossible for them to conceive naturally.
Can I Donate My Eggs? How?
To be considered as a viable candidate to be an egg donor, one will need to complete a questionnaire, a comprehensive medical history application and fertility evaluation tests. All prospective egg donors that wish to be part of MCRM Fertility’s Matching Miracles donor program must meet FDA and ASRM guidelines. At minimum you must be between the ages of 21-32, a non-smoker, be free of STDs, be of normal height and weight, and have not participated in illegal drug usage.
The Egg Donation Process
- Pre-Qualification: To begin the process of becoming an egg donor, you will need to complete a simple and quick questionnaire. Once completed, the pre-qualification questionnaire will be reviewed by our staff to verify pre-qualification.
- Health Information: Once pre-qualified, prospective donors will be invited to complete a thorough and intensive profile of your health history. This includes providing photos of yourself for potential future use with intended parents.
- Acceptance: When your profile is complete with photos and health history, our egg donation team will conduct a complete review to determine if you are eligible to be an egg donor. This process could take several weeks to complete. For those that are accepted to become an egg donor, a profile will be created and published to our available egg donor database for review by intended parents and families.
- Screening: When an intended parent chooses your profile you will be invited to begin the next portion of your egg donation journey. This process will involve completing a comprehensive medical examination and a psychological evaluation. The medical examination typically includes basic hormone screening, genetic carrier screening, mandated FDA infectious disease screening, drug screening, an antral follicle count, and a transvaginal ultrasound examination. The screenings are provided at no cost to the prospective donor.
- Psychological Test: A qualified mental health professional conducts an evaluation with the guidelines set by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
- Egg Retrieval Cycle: When matched with a recipient family as an egg donor, you will start the multi-step egg retrieval process. This process includes lab work, daily self-injections, and ultrasound monitoring.
- Fertility Clinic Support: At MCRM Fertility we’ll happily be there with you every step of the way.
- Egg Retrieval: The last step of the egg donation process is the procedure to retrieve the eggs. This is the step where the eggs are donated to the intended family.
- Compensation Every donor that completes the egg donation cycle will be compensated.
Benefits For Egg Donors
The benefits for those who are considering the use of an egg donor may seem a bit obvious. What do the egg donors get in return? Egg donors who complete an egg retrieval cycle will be compensated a minimum of $5,000. Not only will you be paid for your time and effort, but you may also help bring a family’s dream of parenthood into reality.
Benefits For Intended Parents
There are several reasons why one may choose to utilize an egg donor. Those who are part of the LGBTQ community, are of advanced reproductive age, have a low ovarian reserve, have ovarian insufficiency, have a complete absence of ovaries, or are part of any other group in which conception is difficult or impossible, may benefit from becoming a recipient family. To become an intended family, begin with an initial consultation with us. The consultation will provide the information necessary to get you to the next part of your parenting journey.
Matching Miracles Services
MCRM Fertility offers intended families the option to utilize either frozen donor eggs or fresh donor eggs. Fresh egg donors are available through our Matching Miracles donor program. Matching Miracles offers intended parents an inclusive egg donor package that includes:
- Sperm Selection: This is the proven method of selecting the most high-quality sperm.
- Psychological Evaluation: Our partners match with licensed psychologists to evaluate the preparedness of egg donors both mentally and emotionally.
- Medical Evaluation: This covers the eligibility screening of your potential egg donor.
- Legal Fees: All paperwork like contracts and attorney letters are included. This covers the time the attorney puts in for handling the legal documents of both parties.
- Insurance: This covers medical insurance from your donor’s first injection through post retrieval. This is a total of 120 days of coverage.
- Initial and Second Embryo Transfer: We include a second embryo transfer within the first 2 years at no additional cost. This may be an option if you are wanting biological siblings.
- EmbryoScope® Time-Lapse Incubator: This time-lapse technology is included which allows embryologists to monitor embryos through the full course of their development. It also allows the selection of the best embryos to transfer or freeze.
- Embryo Cryopreservation: Six months of complimentary storage for remaining embryos from the donor cycle.
- Embryo Biopsy & PGT-A Screening: This tests the embryo for abnormalities prior to implantation.
- Egg Retrieval Process and Procedure: The processes and procedures are covered including, medications, selection procedures, treatments, and retrieval.
- Egg Fertilization with ICSI: This is the process of sperm selection beforehand that is decided so the healthiest by our embryologist. These are then directly injected into the egg.
- Administrative Fees: These fees include all forms such as eligibility records, FDA documentation, and more.
For more information on becoming either an egg donor or an intended parent, contact us at MCRM Fertility. Your family journey is just around the corner!